Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jambo  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2011 9:31:04 PM(UTC)
Jambo

Greetings, Scott! Today I downloaded Jamcast for Android 0.9.4 and upgraded from the previous version. In playing with the newly installed app, I went to the "Settings" menu and pressed "Quality & Performance", under the "Playback" section. The app immediately crashed and restarted. This has recurred each time I press this menu item. I guess I could just stop pressing this item, but I don't imagine this is the intended behavior :^). I'll let you know if I run into any other difficulties. I'm running this on an HTC Incredible (Verizon) running Android 2.3.4. Thanks for any hints you can provide to me. Even with this issue, it's still a great app. Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Jambo

P.S. I've sent a diagnostic file from my phone for your perusal.

P.P.S. I've just now attempted to play a playlist from my phone. Similar to some other posts I've just read, it seems like the application can see the contents of the list, but when I attempt to play the list, the Now Playing screen appears, with a song from the list displayed. "Up Next:" is also correctly listed. However, above the progress bar, the app display's "Connecting" and does not play the song (though the pause button is displayed, as if it's trying. If I skip to the next song, it will correctly display the song's title, but will still not play, with the "connecting" message continuing to display. Hope this is useful info. Please let me know if I can provide additional details.

Edited by user Monday, November 14, 2011 9:56:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Jambo  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2011 10:18:15 AM(UTC)
Jambo

Hi Scott,

I think I've solved my own problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the 0.9.4 client and it's working well now. Previously, I had not done a manual uninstall of the previous version, and it looks like this is what gummed up the works. Thanks for a great app!

-Jambo