Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline pattiengelbrecht  
#21 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2010 10:44:03 PM(UTC)
pattiengelbrecht

Hello Scot,
We are trying to stream Spotify to PS3 via laptop (windows vista) here, using jamcast. Originally it didnt work at all, then we set the output frequency to 48 khz and it now works, however the console stops playing a couple of times in every song. It recovers itself but seconds of silence when listening to a song is not what we want. Is there any way we can stop this? Would it help if I took a premium Spotify account instead of the free version or is this problem related to the ps3 and / or our wireless network? Please help Smile

Offline Scott  
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2010 11:08:05 PM(UTC)
Scott

pattiengelbrecht wrote:
Hello Scot,
We are trying to stream Spotify to PS3 via laptop (windows vista) here, using jamcast. Originally it didnt work at all, then we set the output frequency to 48 khz and it now works, however the console stops playing a couple of times in every song. It recovers itself but seconds of silence when listening to a song is not what we want. Is there any way we can stop this? Would it help if I took a premium Spotify account instead of the free version or is this problem related to the ps3 and / or our wireless network? Please help Smile

Hi pattiengelbrecht,

Thanks for posting. Glad you got the 48kHz thing worked out. Smile

More than likely, the behavior you describe is due to rebuffering. You can be 100% sure of this if you are able to try out the Virtual Soundcard when the PS3 is connected with a network cable.

Also, it is possible to significantly improve the performance of your wifi network simply by changing wireless channels on your router. This is especially true for those of us that live in an area where multiple wifi networks are in range.

Hope this is helpful information. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Let us know what you find out, OK? Smile

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Support Page: http://getjamcast.com/Support.aspx
Offline ritchie147  
#23 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 1:40:50 PM(UTC)
ritchie147

Hi scott please please help. I have been trying to get my ps3 and laptop to sync with spotify but am having a nightmare.
I am getting NO SOUND at all....The servers and everything are all working but this is all very new to me... I have searched through these threads but cant seem to find an answer...I think it may be my sound card? Im not sure.

Is it possible you can help?
Thanks
Ritchie147
Offline Scott  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 1, 2010 1:31:33 AM(UTC)
Scott

ritchie147 wrote:
Hi scott please please help. I have been trying to get my ps3 and laptop to sync with spotify but am having a nightmare.
I am getting NO SOUND at all....The servers and everything are all working but this is all very new to me... I have searched through these threads but cant seem to find an answer...I think it may be my sound card? Im not sure.

Is it possible you can help?
Thanks
Ritchie147

Hi Ritchie147!

Thanks for stopping by. What operating system do you have Jamcast installed on?

Yes, you're likely looking at a soundcard-related issue. Are you running Windows XP, and if so have you tried to set your card to use the Stereo Mix recording input?

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Support Page: http://getjamcast.com/Support.aspx
Offline jore  
#25 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 1:39:25 AM(UTC)
jore

Hi.

I have optical output to my amplifier from PS3. I had this 5s pause problem too. So i looked output frequenzy and took off Dolby Digital and Dolby DTS options and now it works fine. I still have 44,1 and 48 enable due to beeng unable to tap them off...

Cheers for the help Scott.
Offline kusum65  
#26 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:17:46 PM(UTC)
kusum65

After trying the trial version last year i decided to purchase jamcast but when i click on virtual soundcard on the x bar Spotify wont play. Music from my pc will play but no spotify.
I set the output to 48 and enabled stereo mix on windows 7 but no luck. Please help.
Offline Sumanji  
#27 Posted : Friday, May 18, 2012 1:56:30 PM(UTC)
Sumanji

Hey,

Bought Jamcast last week, as it was a great solution to stream Spotify to my PS3.

However, I too am experiencing pauses in playback, probably every 5-10 minutes, lasting about 2-4 seconds.

I have done a bit of reading and you seem to pin this on network issues; however, the laptop I am playing from is connected via wireless N at >100Mbps, and has full signal strength. The PS3 itself is wired to the router (via Homeplug adapters, and gets 50-70Mbps of bandwidth).

Have checked that the PS3 is outputting at 48kHz etc...

Can you help out with any other suggestions please?!

Cheers,

Su
Offline arkramos  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, December 21, 2016 4:09:26 AM(UTC)
arkramos

Welcome to ARK Ramos Signage Systems, we offer professional signage designs for a wide range of situations. Whatever your needs, ARK Ramos has your solution.
Offline alex4740  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:45:56 AM(UTC)
alex4740

Approved registered passports,id,TOEFL IELTS TOEIC certificates(alexn4740@gmail.com)
Offline dendroidking  
#30 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 5:02:38 AM(UTC)
dendroidking

Awsome, thanks alot BigGrin