Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline t-mac  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2011 4:40:38 PM(UTC)
t-mac

I downloaded jamcast for my galaxy s today and none of my songs play,i can access my library and browse it but when i try to play a song i get an error saying it cannot be streamed
Offline t-mac  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2011 9:00:26 PM(UTC)
t-mac

did i post in the wrong place or am i the only one with that type of problem?
Offline Scott  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 9, 2011 8:40:39 PM(UTC)
Scott

Originally Posted by: t-mac Go to Quoted Post
did i post in the wrong place or am i the only one with that type of problem?

Hey t-mac,

Thanks for your patience, I'm sorry for taking a few days to get back to you. I appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention, I'm not sure what it is yet...

Could you paste your medialog.txt to http://pastebin.com and then share the link here? I'd like to see if the Server is getting the requests from the Player or not.

Is this on the Wifi network, or over 3G/4G?

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Support Page: http://getjamcast.com/Support.aspx
Offline GaseousClay  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 11:08:28 AM(UTC)
GaseousClay

Hi Scott,
I too am having the same probs as above but with my sony xperia X8, now and then I can occassionally get a podcast to play but I cannot get the virtual soundcard or any of my local or networked files to play.In my situation I don't get an error message, the app just returns to the home screen. I have two licences and the problem is the same for both PC's. I have pasted only part of the media log file, if you require it in full let me know and I'll redo it.

Many Thanks
GC.

http://pastebin.com/wg6HtPQP
Offline Scott  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2011 9:40:45 AM(UTC)
Scott

Originally Posted by: GaseousClay Go to Quoted Post
Hi Scott,
I too am having the same probs as above but with my sony xperia X8, now and then I can occassionally get a podcast to play but I cannot get the virtual soundcard or any of my local or networked files to play.In my situation I don't get an error message, the app just returns to the home screen. I have two licences and the problem is the same for both PC's. I have pasted only part of the media log file, if you require it in full let me know and I'll redo it.

Many Thanks
GC.

http://pastebin.com/wg6HtPQP

Hi GC,

Does it appear if the app suddenly just restarts itself? You'd get the "reconnecting" splash screen briefly and then like you said back to the Home screen.

Just wanted to confirm this behavior, it's an app crash but I'm not seeing any reports otherwise. It could be a problem isolated to this hardware.

If you wouldn't mind, could you reproduce the behavior and then when the app restarts, immediately hit Settings and send a diagnostic report?

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline GaseousClay  
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2011 3:55:19 AM(UTC)
GaseousClay

Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post

Hi GC,

Does it appear if the app suddenly just restarts itself? You'd get the "reconnecting" splash screen briefly and then like you said back to the Home screen.

Just wanted to confirm this behavior, it's an app crash but I'm not seeing any reports otherwise. It could be a problem isolated to this hardware.

If you wouldn't mind, could you reproduce the behavior and then when the app restarts, immediately hit Settings and send a diagnostic report?

Thanks!

Hi Scott,

Just to confirm, the splash screen does indeed show but not all the time, I would say 70% of the time it just reverts to the home screen without the reconnecting splash. However I have just done as you asked and reproduced the behavior and on this occassion the splash screen appeared and the diagnostic report was sent.

Kind regards
GC
Offline Scott  
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 29, 2011 8:14:51 AM(UTC)
Scott

Originally Posted by: GaseousClay Go to Quoted Post

Hi GC,

Thanks!

Hi Scott,

Just to confirm, the splash screen does indeed show but not all the time, I would say 70% of the time it just reverts to the home screen without the reconnecting splash. However I have just done as you asked and reproduced the behavior and on this occassion the splash screen appeared and the diagnostic report was sent.

Kind regards
GC

Hi GC,

Got it, thanks!

This may be a simpler problem than I initially thought. I'll look in it more this weekend and will be back in touch soon.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline Scott  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2011 12:54:28 PM(UTC)
Scott

Hi GC,

Well I see where things are going off track -- at least the immediate cause of the segfault (crash). I will be fixing that immediately. However, the indirect cause of the issue I am unsure of. It's very possible that BubbleUPnP may be causing a conflict since Jamcast Server would see BubbleUPnP and Jamcast Player as the "same" client.

Open Jamcast Server Manager and click the Devices tab, the right-click and Forget All Devices. Then, reconnect with the Jamcast Player app (you may need to reauthorize the device). You should see it appear in the device list. Make sure as you're interacting with the server that item still appears as Jamcast, not BubbleUPnP.

Does the issue persist?

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline GaseousClay  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:10:33 AM(UTC)
GaseousClay

Hi GC,

Well I see where things are going off track -- at least the immediate cause of the segfault (crash). I will be fixing that immediately. However, the indirect cause of the issue I am unsure of. It's very possible that BubbleUPnP may be causing a conflict since Jamcast Server would see BubbleUPnP and Jamcast Player as the "same" client.

Open Jamcast Server Manager and click the Devices tab, the right-click and Forget All Devices. Then, reconnect with the Jamcast Player app (you may need to reauthorize the device). You should see it appear in the device list. Make sure as you're interacting with the server that item still appears as Jamcast, not BubbleUPnP.

Does the issue persist?

Thanks!

Hi Scott,
Thanks for the response. Ok so I right clicked in device's tab and forgot all devices and got an error message not sure it's relevant but I'll show it.

UserPostedImage

All devices repopulated, tried jamcast app still no joy, device still shows as Jamcast Player for Android whilst interacting. However on the few occassions I've tried I've not had the reconnecting splash screen just a return to the home screen, though as stated before it didn't happen often anyhow. As with all previous fails the phone displays "preparing playback" in the notification area top of the device screen which I normally clear by entering the phone settings > applications > running services and stopping the app from there.
As to the error message I thought I'd point out that after the first attempt of deleting/forgetting devices I tried it again but this time selecting just the single device and no error was reported, though it did take around fifteen minutes for the android device to re-appear.
Just an additional note this issue was present prior to installing BubbleUPnP.

Once again many thanks for your attention to this issue

Kind regards
GC
Offline Scott  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:22:25 AM(UTC)
Scott

Yikes GC you're catching all sorts of grief from Jamcast aren't ya? Sad

Let's try a full uninstall of the server, then a reinstall of the latest version. Then go directly to the Android app and let's see where you're at.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline GaseousClay  
#11 Posted : Friday, November 4, 2011 9:01:55 AM(UTC)
GaseousClay

Still no joy Scott, Crying

Just out of curiosity I tried adding a UPnP source to XBMC (windows7) and pointing it to jamcast on one of my PC's. It's behaving in a similar fashion to that of the android phone, i.e. failing to play the virtual soundcard, no playback of my folders within the sharing tab, however podcasts do play.

Thought I'd share incase it was of any relevance.

My PS3 and Pure Avanti Flow radio are still rocking though ThumpUp

Regards
GC
Offline Cosmic Muse  
#12 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 2:11:46 AM(UTC)
Cosmic Muse

I know this is an old post but I am having the same issue as GaseousClay with the same phone - Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 and was wondering if a solution had been found?.

I have tried running the JamCast server program on two seperate computers (One Windows 7, the other Windows XP) and both pass the port forwarding test.

When I try to access the Virtual Soundcard or a file from My Music using WiFi the phone reverts back to the JamCast splash screen and back to the Virtual Soundcard/My Music/Podcasts selection. Only podcasts play.

If I try to access via 3G I get a message that the file can not be streamed.

If you have had any luck in this issue I would be grateful for any ideas.

Cheers.
Offline Scott  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:56:41 PM(UTC)
Scott

Originally Posted by: Cosmic Muse Go to Quoted Post
I know this is an old post but I am having the same issue as GaseousClay with the same phone - Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 and was wondering if a solution had been found?.

I have tried running the JamCast server program on two seperate computers (One Windows 7, the other Windows XP) and both pass the port forwarding test.

When I try to access the Virtual Soundcard or a file from My Music using WiFi the phone reverts back to the JamCast splash screen and back to the Virtual Soundcard/My Music/Podcasts selection. Only podcasts play.

If I try to access via 3G I get a message that the file can not be streamed.

If you have had any luck in this issue I would be grateful for any ideas.

Cheers.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. Do podcasts still work via 3G?

This is sounding like a device-specific issue perhaps. When the app suddenly goes back to the splash screen this means something has gone terribly wrong with what is most likely the audio engine.

From the Android app, open settings and adjust the playback performance config so that a low bitrate format is used on Wifi. Does that change the behavior when streaming via wifi/LAN?

One other thing if you would be so kind... as soon as you reproduce the segfault (splash screen) could you go to Settings and send a manual diagnostic report from there? I might be able to get some more information from that.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline Cosmic Muse  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2012 3:53:30 PM(UTC)
Cosmic Muse

Thanks for the reply.

I have repeated the WiFi fault and sent the diagnostic report.

If I turn down the bitrate to anything other than lossless I get a message saying the file "cannot be streamed."

When on 3G the podcasts can't be streamed just as the Virtual Soundcard and My Music can't be streamed.

Thanks again for looking at the fault.

Offline Scott  
#15 Posted : Friday, August 3, 2012 9:15:08 AM(UTC)
Scott

Thanks for the reply.

I have repeated the WiFi fault and sent the diagnostic report.

If I turn down the bitrate to anything other than lossless I get a message saying the file "cannot be streamed."

When on 3G the podcasts can't be streamed just as the Virtual Soundcard and My Music can't be streamed.

Thanks again for looking at the fault.

Hi CM,

Thanks for sending those diags along, I did receive them and it did capture what we needed to see. The problem looks familiar, but it's been a while since I've looked at it. I will make it a point to do so this weekend and will get back to you.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline Cosmic Muse  
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 4:17:20 AM(UTC)
Cosmic Muse

Thanks for investigating.. Did you have any success?

Offline Scott  
#17 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 11:44:30 AM(UTC)
Scott

Thanks for investigating.. Did you have any success?

Hello,

Thanks for your patience. I successfully determined that I don't have enough diagnostics available to determine the cause of the problem. Blink

At a minimum, I could definitely release a fix at this point that prevents the segfault from happening, and we can handle this problem more gracefully (ie the "cannot play" error message instead). However, because I cannot reproduce I'd like to add more logging and let you try again to see what we come up with for a comprehensive fix. Would you be willing to tough that out with me?

By the way, did you install via the Play store, or sideload the APK from our download page? And are you in the US?

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline Cosmic Muse  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 3:45:01 PM(UTC)
Cosmic Muse

How odd - I have replied to this already but my post is gone.

I have done a couple more examples for you.

I loaded the programme from the Android Market and I am in the UK.

Thanks again.
Offline R3app3r  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:02:22 PM(UTC)
R3app3r

Hy!

Same situation here. Just Podcast works any other stuff restarts the app with recconnecting.. and then to the starting screen. I tested it on my X10miniPRO from Hungary with a TRIAL access. Here's an other problem, that I cant scroll on the settings window. Upper two scaling sliding stuff works but I can't see that performance(bitrate) stuff at all and can't scroll down (scrolling bar shows there is content but wont move at all).

I hope You have some solution for us. I really like the goal of this project.

Thx

Bye
Offline Scott  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2012 5:31:38 PM(UTC)
Scott

OK, I have a new build available:

http://getjamcast.com/Do...st/APK/0.9.5/jamcast.apk

If you installed from Market, you'll need to uninstall and then download/install from this link. You may have to allow non-market application from Android settings in order to load the APK from here.

This adds a bunch of logging and some better handling for the segfault CM is seeing -- this shouldn't happen anymore. Instead, you should get a nice "cannot play" type message and when you do, please immediately submit a diagnostics report as before.

This should get us a a bit closer to a solution. Smile

R3app3r, thanks for joining. I'll have a look to see why the vertical scrolling doesn't work on that performance settings screen.

Thanks!

Scott
Jamcast Developer