Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline infrb  
#21 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2012 2:09:13 PM(UTC)
infrb

One thing i could do and haven't done is uninstall and reinstall with the new version. I had been installing over the top.

I don't have any other physical hardware I can test on. This is the only physical machine I have that i can test with. Any other testing i could do would be with a virtual machine, which doesn't really test a real world scenario.

Nice thing about Windows 8 though is that i can put Win7 in a virtual machine and that'll still work, but I'd rather not have to go that route.
Offline infrb  
#22 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2012 9:06:54 PM(UTC)
infrb

Tried an uninstall and reinstall. Still no go.
Offline Philipp  
#23 Posted : Saturday, September 8, 2012 7:33:45 PM(UTC)
Philipp

Hi Scott,

I have just installed the RTM build of Windows 8 and the problem described in this thread still exists. Has there been any progress in fixing this issue?

Thanks!
Philipp
Offline Scott  
#24 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 9:22:38 AM(UTC)
Scott

Originally Posted by: Philipp Go to Quoted Post
Hi Scott,

I have just installed the RTM build of Windows 8 and the problem described in this thread still exists. Has there been any progress in fixing this issue?

Thanks!
Philipp

Hi Philipp,

Thanks for stopping by! No progress to speak of, but admittedly I haven't been paying attention to Windows 8 much. However, now that I know RTM is here I will definitely take another hard look at the issue. Give me a couple of days to get a new Win8 environment set up and I'll report back.

Is it safe to assume you tried Jamcast on RTM already and experienced the same issues as the previous poster?

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Support Page: http://getjamcast.com/Support.aspx
Offline Philipp  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:08:45 PM(UTC)
Philipp

Hi Scott,

sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, I have tried Jamcast on the RTM version of Windows 8 and have experienced the same issues as described in this post.

Philipp
Offline Scott  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 6:34:05 PM(UTC)
Scott

Hi Scott,

sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, I have tried Jamcast on the RTM version of Windows 8 and have experienced the same issues as described in this post.

Philipp

Hi Philipp,

Working on this today actually, I've reproduced the issue on RTM as well and am no going to see if I can fix it. Smile

More soon.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline Scott  
#27 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:04:31 AM(UTC)
Scott

Hi Everyone,

I have spent many hours on this with no success yet, unfortunately. This seems to be a universal problem with Windows 8, Microsoft's own sample applications are failing as well under identical circumstances.

I am attempting to correspond with Microsoft's experts in order to figure out what to do next. So far I am being ignored, but with persistence I am confident I will get the answers we need here eventually.

In the meantime, I thank everyone for their patience and assure you that this will remain at the very top of my list until it is resolved.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline Philipp  
#28 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:57:50 PM(UTC)
Philipp

Thanks for the update Scott, I appreciate it. Let me see if I can help you get some contacts.

Philipp
Offline Scott  
#29 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 8:41:58 AM(UTC)
Scott

Thanks for the update Scott, I appreciate it. Let me see if I can help you get some contacts.

Philipp

Thanks Philipp!

I think my previous post came off rather harsh, i can be tough finding the right folks to talk to and then actually make contact. It takes time and patience, I know this. To say I'm being "ignored" was a bit dramatic for now. Smile

I'm trying another contact via email today. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline Philipp  
#30 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 11:53:50 AM(UTC)
Philipp

Sounds good, thanks Scott. You should be able to post this issue on the MSDN forum also for some help.
Let me know if you are not getting anywhere and I'd be happy to help you move this forward where I can via the Microsoft Support Quick Assistance program.

Philipp
Offline Scott  
#31 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 1:01:07 PM(UTC)
Scott

Sounds good, thanks Scott. You should be able to post this issue on the MSDN forum also for some help.
Let me know if you are not getting anywhere and I'd be happy to help you move this forward where I can via the Microsoft Support Quick Assistance program.

Philipp

Hi Philipp,

Thanks so much, I appreciate that offer of assistance. Smile

Good news, I got the right guy on email and am providing him with detailed diagnostics. I might ask you kind folks to do the same, depending on the outcome of this conversation.

Philipp, are you running Win8 on a physical machine or within a VM?

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline Philipp  
#32 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 11:06:46 PM(UTC)
Philipp

Hi Scott, sorry for not replying sooner. I'm running Win 8 on my laptop, not on a VM.

Philipp
Offline Scott  
#33 Posted : Saturday, October 6, 2012 8:00:17 AM(UTC)
Scott

Hi Scott, sorry for not replying sooner. I'm running Win 8 on my laptop, not on a VM.

Philipp

Hi Philipp,

No problem, thanks! We're still awaiting feedback on the performance trace logs I submitted a week ago. The rep from Microsoft who is helping me was out of the office some last week, so hopefully we hear something back early next week. I'll stay on top of it.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline mr_mac  
#34 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 5:45:19 AM(UTC)
mr_mac

I have same issue on win8 rtm plays music lib fine but won't stream...

It buffers then the music plays faster than it should for about 4 seconds then goes stuttery. CPU is low.

The problem seems to be that on virtual soundcard the receiver plays the music too fast so keeps stuttering as it runs out of data...

Not showing realtech device in list but if I pic realtech mic and whistle etc it plays fine so had to be something funny in data that makes receiver play extra fast when taking data from windows core...

Hope my addition of some info helps as on 14day trial and would like to trial before I buy Smile

Cheers

John
Offline Scott  
#35 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:28:48 AM(UTC)
Scott

Originally Posted by: mr_mac Go to Quoted Post
I have same issue on win8 rtm plays music lib fine but won't stream...

It buffers then the music plays faster than it should for about 4 seconds then goes stuttery. CPU is low.

The problem seems to be that on virtual soundcard the receiver plays the music too fast so keeps stuttering as it runs out of data...

Not showing realtech device in list but if I pic realtech mic and whistle etc it plays fine so had to be something funny in data that makes receiver play extra fast when taking data from windows core...

Hope my addition of some info helps as on 14day trial and would like to trial before I buy Smile

Cheers

John

Hi John,

This describes perfectly the behavior we are all experiencing -- low CPU but audio frames are missing from the captured output, leading to sound that appears to fast-forward (but at normal pitch). Your jamcast.log should indicate a very high glitch count after the capture stream is closed, each incident represents an audio frame lost. This is indeed limited to WASAPI loopback capture on Windows 8; the way Jamcast interacts directly with your audio interface via Hardware Capture Mode remains as functional as with previous operating systems.

As you see, we're working with Microsoft now to try and resolve the problem. Hopefully it's an easy one for them to reproduce and provide a solution for, but still waiting on feedback. I will keep this thread up to date with information as it becomes available.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline mr_mac  
#36 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:35:55 AM(UTC)
mr_mac

Is there any hack or correction to get soundcard speakers to show in meantime? As mic works fine.

Also once fixed is there any way to get trial period re-set as would like to make sure it all works with apps I am using and my hardware etc Smile

Thanks for quick reply Wink
Offline Scott  
#37 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:43:00 AM(UTC)
Scott

Is there any hack or correction to get soundcard speakers to show in meantime? As mic works fine.

Also once fixed is there any way to get trial period re-set as would like to make sure it all works with apps I am using and my hardware etc Smile

Thanks for quick reply Wink

Hey John,

If your audio interface has a "Stereo Mix" or "Wave ___" or "What U Hear" recording input, then yes you can use this as an alternative to WASAPI loopback capture. It would be listed along side Mic, etc. If you don't see it, Google for your audio card make/model plus "Stereo Mix" and see if this input is hidden or perhaps available in a different driver.

Regarding trial extension -- absolutely! Just get in touch with me thru here or otherwise when the time comes and I'll take care of that for you.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline mr_mac  
#38 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 6:54:07 AM(UTC)
mr_mac

Stereo mix shows under recording devices? Is that what I'm after?, will enable it the now.

Also thanks for help and offer to re-set trial when time comes, appreciate when companies are fast and fair with helpful responses. Makes it so much easier to decide when you need to part with money that you know support is there..

Nice oneBigGrin
Offline Scott  
#39 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 7:22:47 AM(UTC)
Scott

Stereo mix shows under recording devices? Is that what I'm after?, will enable it the now.

Also thanks for help and offer to re-set trial when time comes, appreciate when companies are fast and fair with helpful responses. Makes it so much easier to decide when you need to part with money that you know support is there..

Nice oneBigGrin

You're welcome, and we appreciate your business should you decide to pick up a copy of Jamcast. Smile

Yes that's right, if you have it Stereo Mix (or equivalent) will be shown as a recording device right along with mic, line in, etc.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline Scott  
#40 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2012 12:01:05 PM(UTC)
Scott

Hey guys,

Good news, I believe we have a fix for this and can finally put Windows 8 compatibility issues behind us.

Please report in here or via private message and let me know if you are able to test this out for me, I want to make sure at least a few more folks are seeing good results before we ship this.

I appreciate everyone's patience!

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer