Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Google Music?
pileosnafu Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2012 2:44:12 PM(UTC)

So I saw that as of 5/8 you had a setback with the Spotify addon. What a Google Music plugin? That can push the info from my G Music account. I generally stream from my G Music account to my A/V receiver. Is there a way you can get/take what the Gmusic is playing to display on the dash (Like Sirius does) or on the TV instead of "Virtual Soundcard"

I'd look into using the API myself for this but I'm more on the Q/A side of programing then the Development.
Scott Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 03, 2012 11:51:18 AM(UTC)
Scott

pileosnafu;3980 wrote:
So I saw that as of 5/8 you had a setback with the Spotify addon. What a Google Music plugin? That can push the info from my G Music account. I generally stream from my G Music account to my A/V receiver. Is there a way you can get/take what the Gmusic is playing to display on the dash (Like Sirius does) or on the TV instead of "Virtual Soundcard"

I'd look into using the API myself for this but I'm more on the Q/A side of programing then the Development.

Hello,

I was about to reply that there is no Google Music API when I discovered that one now exists, albeit "unofficial". So, yes this appears to be possible, and very exciting! It would be fairly straightforward to build a Jamcast plugin utilizing the Jamcast API and the Google Music API, and yes it would enable direct browsing access to your files with metadata, album art, etc.

Think you'll give it a shot?

Thanks for the great idea. Smile
Scott
Jamcast Technical Support
Docs: http://www.sdstechnologies.com/Wiki/
pileosnafu Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2012 6:23:52 PM(UTC)

Haha, found this again as I searched "Google Music Jam Cast Plugin" First result. I guess there is not email notification for the forum (or just not turned on by default) I'd love to try to do a Plug in , but alas I can only Q/A not program. Sad
Scott Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:07:59 AM(UTC)
Scott

pileosnafu;4103 wrote:
Haha, found this again as I searched "Google Music Jam Cast Plugin" First result. I guess there is not email notification for the forum (or just not turned on by default) I'd love to try to do a Plug in , but alas I can only Q/A not program. Sad

Indeed the email notifications were down when I replied to your thread. Wow, you really are a QA guy aren't you? That's 2 website problems you discovered in a single visit... Wink

Unless someone comes around sooner, I will definitely be getting some version of a Google Music plugin out at some point -- it is on the list. The unofficial Music API out there is fairly limited in terms of browsing -- you can only browse by playlists or bring back ALL tracks, nothing available by artist, album, etc. -- so I'm not sure if this is a limitation of the API or the Google Music services themselves.

Anyhow, stay tuned I guess. Smile

Thanks!
Scott
buerkle Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:58:06 AM(UTC)

Hi!

I recently wrote a Jamcast plugin that adds Google Music browse and playback capabilities to Jamcast. It is available at

https://googlemusicforjamcast.codeplex.com/

for download. So, if you like give it a try!
pileosnafu Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:07:18 PM(UTC)

Thanks. Checking it out now. It's odd as I was just again today searching for Google play dnla options
buerkle Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:21:27 PM(UTC)

pileosnafu;5100 wrote:
Thanks. Checking it out now. It's odd as I was just again today searching for Google play dnla options

OK! Let me know how it works for you.
Scott Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 2:10:57 AM(UTC)
Scott

buerkle;5101 wrote:
pileosnafu;5100 wrote:

OK! Let me know how it works for you.

Worked perfect for me, thanks for sharing. Great job! BigGrin
Scott
Deyvetibr Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 6:36:33 AM(UTC)

Error Jamcast 2.0 BETA! It does not work for me. In the previous version of jamcast also not funcioa. Is closing alone.
Scott Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:59:36 AM(UTC)
Scott

Deyvetibr;5854 wrote:
Error Jamcast 2.0 BETA! It does not work for me. In the previous version of jamcast also not funcioa. Is closing alone.

The plugins for Jamcast 1.X are not forward-compatible with Jamcast 2.0.

I know that buerkle has been working on updating this plugin for Jamcast 2.0 and I think perhaps he'll be around sooner than later with more information.

Thanks!
Scott