Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Scott  
#21 Posted : Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:03:18 PM(UTC)
Scott

Originally Posted by: Sam_da_Man Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I have the exact same firmware on the Onkyo TX-NR609 and still have the red X next to the Virtual Soundcard. Seeing that this is the only reason I purchased Jamcast, it's slightly inconvenient. Yes, I've tried all the fixes you've suggested, Scott. I downloaded the Feb 29 release of Jamcast, too, to no avail. If you have a possible beta-fix, please e-mail it to me...

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your business, I'm sorry that you've have some trouble with Jamcast.

I actually discovered a solution to this issue with the Virtual Soundcard and Onkyo devices and was just coming by the forums to report in on the matter.

I'm not exactly sure why -- although I don't believe it is Jamcast's fault -- but you can successfully browse to the Virtual Soundcard via the Playlists menu: navigate to My Music -> Playlists -> Virtual Soundcard. You'll see the Virtual Soundcard track available here as well, although without the red X this time.

I am still putting together an email with my findings to send along to Onkyo for their feedback. In the meantime, I hope you'll find success with this alternate method of playing the Virtual Soundcard. Let me know how you fare.

Regarding. the "MyFavorites" fix, could you give me some more details on that? I'm not sure to what you are referring.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Support Page: http://getjamcast.com/Support.aspx
Offline Sam_da_Man  
#22 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 1:42:13 AM(UTC)
Sam_da_Man

Hi, and thanks for the quick reply! I only had a few seconds to try this before I got to work, but yes, I found Virtual Soundcard in the playlists folder, and it had no red X on it. I tried it briefly, and it started playing, but for now, no sound. I set the buffer to 15 seconds yesterday, and didn't have the time to sit and wait for 15 sec Smile I'll report back later today (Finnish time).

The MyFavorites-fix is the one described in this thread, where I enter the IP-address and folder manually. It refused to connect for some reason. I'm not an internet radio person, so if you have some URL I could test the general function with, I'd appreciate it. I do realize this might be an Onkyo issue, but it isn't working for Jamcast, the only URL I've tried. Spotify direct works fine and dandy on the Onkyo, so the network connection is working A-OK, as well as the DLNA connection to my laptop. But I'll report back later on.
Offline Sam_da_Man  
#23 Posted : Friday, March 2, 2012 10:20:20 AM(UTC)
Sam_da_Man

Hi, the Virtual Spundcard does work via the playlists folder! Now to start fiddling with the sound quality Smile
Offline mikael drago  
#24 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 2:17:16 PM(UTC)
mikael drago

Have it been fixed?

I would like to try it before I buy it.
Can I have 2 days of trial to my already existing user?
Offline Scott  
#25 Posted : Monday, April 16, 2012 8:37:17 AM(UTC)
Scott

Originally Posted by: Mikael Drago Go to Quoted Post
Have it been fixed?

I would like to try it before I buy it.
Can I have 2 days of trial to my already existing user?

Hi Mikael,

Welcome back!

I believe this issue is Onkyo's to fix, but I've yet to get a confirmation from them on that. However, in the meantime there is a simple workaround:

On the Onkyo device, use the Virtual Soundcard track here:

My Music -> Playlists -> Virtual Soundcard.

I've extended your trial for an additional 14 days (reinstall Jamcast to activate). Please let us know if you are successful with this workaround.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline mikael drago  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:52:52 PM(UTC)
mikael drago

Thanks. I reinstalled the software. When I start Jamcast Server Manager I see:

License
Your free trial has expired.

"Cannot play" on virtual soundcard.
Offline Scott  
#27 Posted : Wednesday, April 18, 2012 10:39:52 PM(UTC)
Scott

Thanks. I reinstalled the software. When I start Jamcast Server Manager I see:

License
Your free trial has expired.

"Cannot play" on virtual soundcard.

Mikael,

Sent you a private message, let's handle your trial license issue there.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline mikael drago  
#28 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 9:25:29 AM(UTC)
mikael drago

Thanks, it's working!
3.5 second delay from starting a song before it's played...

PC using 5ghz network, receiver using 2,4ghz
Both connected to N.

Edited by user Friday, April 20, 2012 9:30:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Scott  
#29 Posted : Friday, April 20, 2012 11:24:52 AM(UTC)
Scott

Thanks, it's working!
3.5 second delay from starting a song before it's played...

PC using 5ghz network, receiver using 2,4ghz
Both connected to N.

Nice! Smile

That sounds about right, the delay -- that's about the size of the device buffer. I have my TX on wired ethernet and the delay is about the same.

Glad that's working for you then. Incidentally, if the root menu item count exceeds 5 (right now in stock Jamcast it's 3 -- Virtual Soundcard, My Music, Podcasts), this issue goes away and you can use the root Virtual Soundcard menu again.

I have a bunch of plugins running in my environment, which is why it was difficult to detect at first. Anyhow, we have a more convenient workaround coming too I guess.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline mojopin  
#30 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2012 9:36:57 AM(UTC)
mojopin

When i tried Jamcast on my Onkyo NR-807 the first time, it worked perfect. The sound was great!
The second time I tried, I get the error "Cannot Play" when I try to open the "Virtual Soundcard"-file.

When I open the Jamcast-server I have several maps to choose among: Playlists, Tracks, Album Artists, Albums, Genres, Composers, Performing Artists, Folders and Search. The only one containing anything is the Playlist folder. "Playlists\Virtual Soundcard\Virtual Soundcard".

Jamcast works on my tv, but the sound is much better on the receiver, so I would prefer to use that.
Offline Scott  
#31 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2012 10:13:00 AM(UTC)
Scott

Originally Posted by: mojopin Go to Quoted Post
When i tried Jamcast on my Onkyo NR-807 the first time, it worked perfect. The sound was great!
The second time I tried, I get the error "Cannot Play" when I try to open the "Virtual Soundcard"-file.

When I open the Jamcast-server I have several maps to choose among: Playlists, Tracks, Album Artists, Albums, Genres, Composers, Performing Artists, Folders and Search. The only one containing anything is the Playlist folder. "Playlists\Virtual Soundcard\Virtual Soundcard".

Jamcast works on my tv, but the sound is much better on the receiver, so I would prefer to use that.

Hey mojopin!

Yes, that playlists location is where we are recommending Onkyo users select the Virtual Soundcard from. Is this where you initially had good luck, but then we unable to stream on subsequent tries?

What happens when you try streaming from the very root "Virtual Soundcard" folder? (the one above "My Music" in the main Jamcast menu)

Did you change any settings between playback attempts?

If you can also paste your jamcast.log(s) (located in the logfiles subdirectory the Jamcast program folder) to http://pastebin.com and share the link(s) here, that might help as well. Make sure you include the relevant logfiles for both successful and failed attemps (if they were on different days).

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline mojopin  
#32 Posted : Sunday, May 6, 2012 1:39:48 PM(UTC)
mojopin

I'm not sure how to access the root folder. I click on "Jamcast" in the menu for servers on the menu. That folder contains the folders "Playlists, Tracks, Album Artists, Albums...,..," as mentioned above. Opening the "Virtual soundcard"-file located in the playlist folder works on the TV, so it's weird it suddenly stopped working on the receiver. Sometimes it says "cannot play", other times it just says "connecting" without anything happening.

However, the sollution mentioned on the last page seems to work: Accessing the virtual soundcard over HTTP by adding http://ip_adress:58642/Media/audio/mpeg/CaptureStream to the receiver's favorites. Is this way of accessing the stream just as good as the one with DLNA?

The logs might perhaps be of some use anyway:

When the receiver says "Connecting...", this goes on forever: http://pastebin.com/Zb1paYMY
It seems to be the same when it says "cannot play"

Offline Scott  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, May 9, 2012 6:18:21 AM(UTC)
Scott

Originally Posted by: mojopin Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure how to access the root folder. I click on "Jamcast" in the menu for servers on the menu. That folder contains the folders "Playlists, Tracks, Album Artists, Albums...,..," as mentioned above. Opening the "Virtual soundcard"-file located in the playlist folder works on the TV, so it's weird it suddenly stopped working on the receiver. Sometimes it says "cannot play", other times it just says "connecting" without anything happening.

However, the sollution mentioned on the last page seems to work: Accessing the virtual soundcard over HTTP by adding http://ip_adress:58642/Media/audio/mpeg/CaptureStream to the receiver's favorites. Is this way of accessing the stream just as good as the one with DLNA?

The logs might perhaps be of some use anyway:

When the receiver says "Connecting...", this goes on forever: http://pastebin.com/Zb1paYMY
It seems to be the same when it says "cannot play"

That's real interesting. I would expect browsing on the Onkyo to look like this:

DLNA->Jamcast->ROOT MENU

For the Jamcast ROOT MENU, you should see:

Virtual Soundcard
My Music
Podcasts

Then within "My Music" is where you have Playlists, Tracks, Albums, Artists, Folders, etc. It seems like your device is going directly into the My Music folder...

Are you on the latest version of the Onkyo firmware? Or, what version do you have?

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Offline pileosnafu  
#34 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2012 2:10:06 PM(UTC)
pileosnafu

Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
I try to use Virtual Soundcard.
My receiver Onkyo TX-NR709 supports DLNA. But the Virtual Soundcard is unavailable, it has a red cross on it. Look at the picture.
The pc is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

http://skei.org/IMAG0004.jpg

Hi Mikael,

Thanks for stopping by and checking out Jamcast. That's really strange to see the red X there, on the folder, and especially on the Podcasts folder too. Hmm...

Try this: open Jamcast Server Manager, click the Devices tab, double-click the device that represents the Onkyo TX, then set ForceMP3CaptureStream to True. Apply you settings and restart the device. Does that help?

Thanks!

This worked to prevent a failure to open on my Yamaha RX-V671. I would click the button for the V.Sound card, and it would loop back to the folder option!. Now just to remove the delay!