Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline foxkat  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 4:32:44 PM(UTC)
foxkat
Rank: Member

Joined: 1/25/2009(UTC)
Posts: 19

Scott,

OK, I installed the app on my Droid RAZR, and it sync'd right up. I was playing music fine yesterday. I then ran into a problem with some files on the NAS which may have been corrupted, so it went into a loop of telling me "The file, XXX cannot be played". Confused There was no way to stop it, and I couldn't remember where the option to Clear the Queue is, so I hit "Disconnect". After things calmed down, I tried to reconnect, but it keeps saying "Not Authorized". Blushing

You may remember that I am unable to get the app to authorize in encrypted form, but it is running without encryption. Even though, when I try to reconnect, it is saying the above. I then uninstalled and reinstalled and it went right into the player as though nothing happened. It worked perfectly, but again, when I disconnected and tried to reconnect, I got the same "Not Authorized". OhMyGod

I sent you the diagnostics.

Thanks,
Phil
Offline Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 5, 2011 7:09:47 PM(UTC)
Scott
Rank: Administration

Joined: 1/25/2009(UTC)
Posts: 2,304
Location: Orlando, FL, USA

Hi Phil,

Thanks for reporting this. As I mentioned via email, let's reset this issue if you don't mind so we can build it back up with hopefully me getting a grasp on things this time. Time to squash this one for good. Smile

The only current known cause of this issue is uninstalling the Android app and reinstalling it, this causes a new unique app ID to be generated and therefore requires a new authorization. If you go into Jamcast Server Manager, click the Devices tab, you can right-click and Forget All Devices. Then perform some browse action via the Android app and you'll see a new Android device appear in the device list. Go ahead and right-click this new item and approve for remote access. You should be good to go at this point in time; let's leave the Android app in place for the duration of this troubleshooting period so we are sure not to have to re-authorize.

I remember you saying that you use this a lot from the office -- can you perhaps say with any certainty that this authorization issue occurs only at work? The theory here is a proxy server in your work environment is stripping the necessary HTTP headers from requests coming from the device, which would essentially prevent the Jamcast authorization scheme from working properly.

Those are my thoughts for now -- let me know what you can add to this after you've used Jamcast for a day or so and run into the problem again.

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Support Page: http://getjamcast.com/Support.aspx
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.090 seconds.