Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline brownlmap  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 1:56:41 PM(UTC)
brownlmap

Scott,

I just downloaded jamcast in order to stream pandora to my soundbridge. I am running Vista. I opened the sound device box, "recording" tab, unhid the devices and selected "Stereo Mix" as the default. However, the third line by the icon for Stereo Mix says "Currently unavailable." When I select "virtual soundcard" from my soundbridge playlist, it attempts to load, then i get "unable to play virtual soundcard." Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lynn
Offline Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 20, 2009 3:05:16 PM(UTC)
Scott

Hi Lynn,

I found a post on Google from someone that said when they had a microphone plugged in, the Stereo Mix status would becomes "Currently unavailable" as you're seeing. Do you have a mic plugged in? If not, what happens if you disable the mic recording input, or any of the others -- does that help matters?

It's hard to say for sure because this is an audio driver issue. What kind of sound card is it?

I'll try to help any way I can. Smile

Thanks!
Scott
Jamcast Developer
Support Page: http://getjamcast.com/Support.aspx
Offline woozle  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:43:13 AM(UTC)
woozle

Interestingly, a competing UPnP server appears to have now followed your example and added support for Stereo Mix streaming... and their documentation is very similar!

One thing they mention though is that stereo mix might be unavailable if your speakers/headphones etc. aren't connected under Vista.

I know I get some weird results under Vista - for instance, if I boot the machine up without the telly on, Vista disables the display completely! really really helpful. not.